Robert McTigue Civic Leadership Award
*Open only to current students
ABOUT: This award is in honor of Mr. Robert McTigue, Social Studies teacher here for 43 years. A $500 scholarship is awarded annually to a candidate with a principal, teacher, parish or community leader recommendation who exhibit outstanding qualities of leadership, character and responsibility. Students must also complete a personal essay on their current active participation in the community and explain why service to the community is important to them. Final candidates may need to interview with members of the St. Benedict Preparatory High School Administration. The award recipient will need to participate in student council and/or in our service learning program for the school year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a current student at St. Benedict Prep High School.
- Applicant’s recommendation must demonstrate evidence of good character and civic responsibility.
- Applicant must personally compose an essay that explains his/her current involvement in the community and how service has meaning in their life.
- Completed application form.
- Student composed civic leadership essay as described above.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the student’s principal, teacher, or parish/community leader.
- Be available for an interview if selected as one of the finalists.
Click HERE to look at last year's application.
2015 RECIPIENT: Bryan Padilla