The Advisory Board regularly updates the St. Benedict Prep Families about progress in advancing the school’s mission. Here are the latest initiatives and accomplishments:
1) Do you want to contribute to the future direction of St Ben's? Well, we want YOU! The Board is currently seeking Community members who are interested in joining the team. Of particular interest are specialty skills in the areas of finance, technology or facilities. There are Board member and associate board member positions available. To learn more and apply please see: https://sbps.stbenedict.com/advisory-board-au/
2) The 2018 Annual School Fund has reached an end. While we didn’t quite meet our short lofty goal, we saw increased participation and 20% growth in donations over last year. A fantastic success! The Development committee is currently wrapping up its analysis of the campaign and identifying areas for optimization in 2019. Thank you all for your support!
3) The Finance Committee is currently conducting a tuition analysis, comparing SBPS to other Catholic schools in the area and building a 5-year financial model to help with forecasting to secure St. Ben’s financial future.
4) You may have noticed the marketing and enrollment team had an increased focus on open houses this year. We just concluded our third during Catholic Schools Week and were able to share our fantastic school with many current and prospective families. Thank you to all that were able to join us!
5) The Marketing Committee is currently evaluating the performance of recent enrollment-driving efforts and beginning to plan for the 2019/2020 school year.
6) The Catholic Education Committee is piloting a service-learning project with third grade students on 2/22. They will be performing "Readers Theater" and chatting with Kateri community elders as a tie-in to their studies on cultural traditions.
7) The Technology Committee is currently conducting an analysis of the power for Building One to allow for air conditioning to be installed in the near future. The committee also is implementing various server and software upgrades around The Block.