The Buzz: St. Benedict Preparatory School Online Weekly Newsletter
Protecting God’s Children Training Thursday, September 28th
Are You Planning to Volunteer for St. Benedict Parish and School this year? Did you know you need to attend a Protecting God’s Children Training in order to volunteer? Here’s how to sign up for the training hosted at St. Benedict Parish and Preparatory School:
In the Ackerman Center 2217 W. Irving Park Road (Corner of Irving Park Road and Bell) Beaven Hall (lower level) Please enter on Irving Park Road.
This training is mandatory for all parish and school volunteers. Spaces fill up fast so register early. If you have already completed this training, there is no need
to do it again.
Attendees must RSVP for the training.
Please RSVP at www.virtus.org. Children are not allowed to attend.
Late arrivals will NOT be permitted entry to training so please give yourself a little extra time to get here safely. Please feel free to bring a snack or a beverage if needed.
If you have any questions or difficulty registering, please contact Christine Clardy at Cclardy@stbenedict.com
Java With Gemo and Friends - Dates Set for the 2017-18 School Year
Each year we try to have parent "coffees" where school administrators, staff and myself present on topics and receive feedback from our school community. We've set the dates for our parents to put in their calendars. All Javas with Gemo are in the SS library and begin at 8:10AM. They often finish about 9:30AM, but parents are okay to leave earlier if they need to head to work, etc.
Here are the dates - topics and presentation partners will be coming soon. All are on Wednesdays.
- October 4 - Technology Upgrades and Technology Plans for the Parish & School Campus with Mr. Karagiannes, Director of Technology
- October 25 - Process of Applying to High School with Ms. Deletioglu, Head of Middle School
- November 29 - New Family Feedback Session with Ms. Gallagher, Director of Enrollment and concurrently, Fostering Faith with your Family with Ms. Kim McMillan, Director of Youth Ministry
- January 17 - Inclusion Program and Family Support with Ms. Enriquez, Director of Inclusion
- January 31 - The 7 C's of Catholic School Excellence at SBPS with Ms. Gemo
- February 21 - High School in Chicago-Don't Panic your child will go to high school! with Dr. Mickelburgh
- March 14 - Early Childhood and STEM, with Ms. Waldron
- April 25 - State of the School and Strategic Planning Update with Ms. Gemo
- May 23 - TBD
TACOS, TUNES, & THE TONE RANGERS October 4th 5:30PM
Join us for our first no-pressure, no-obligation rehearsal. Spend an hour making some music and enjoy some tacos afterward! The Tone Rangers is our parish teen music group, and is made up of young singers and instrumentalists in grades 6-12. The Tone Rangers meet weekly on Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7pm, and play for the Noon Mass once a month.
We have openings for the following:
- Vocalists (solo and chorus)
Instrumentalists should be able to play at an intermediate level or above (3 or 4 years playing minimum).Rehearsal takes place in church at 5:30pm, refreshments to follow!To sign up or request more info, go to: https://form.jotform.us/72615123262145
Are you a crafter or a small business owner and thinking about Christmas?
Join us in December for a Christmas Craft Fair!
The St. Benedict Home and School Association is hosting a day of shopping and holiday cheer for the whole parish to mix, mingle and get a few items checked off of those holiday lists. We’re looking for crafters, parish groups or small business owners to participate in the event. It’s also a great opportunity for your group to fundraise by selling crafts or offering other holiday services (photo booths, gift wrapping, etc). The possibilities are endless!
Date: Sunday, December 10th (after Sunday Masses)
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
Place: St. Benedict Gymnasium
Cost: $25 for an 8’ foot exhibit table
($50 after August 31)
For more information, email Vickie Thornley at StBenSantaWorkshop@gmail.com