We are pleased to offer an afternoon "choir intensive" to all SBPS students in grades 3-8 on Tuesday, August 21st. This session is recommended for all students that will be participating in Children's Chorus and Grade 6-8 Chorus in the upcoming school year. It is also recommended for students that are considering choir, but have not yet committed.
We will introduce some of the choral repertoire for the upcoming performance season, including John Rutter's "Mass of the Children" which will be performed this December in collaboration with the Ravenswood Symphony and parish adult choir.
There is no fee for this activity. We kindly ask that you register no later than Friday, August 17th, so we can plan accordingly.
The schedule for the day will be as follows:
- 11:20am - Student drop off at courtyard door #1.
- 11:30am - Warm-ups and Introductions.
- Noon - Lunch provided.
- 12:45pm - Choral rehearsal session #1.
- 1:45pm - Dance break!
- 2:00pm - Choral rehearsal session #2.
- 3:30pm - Musical game time.
- 4:00pm - Snack time.
- 4:30pm - Students will perform for guests at teacher meet & greet in the elementary school lobby.
We hope that you consider having your child take part in this wonderful educational opportunity, as well as chorus is the upcoming school year. Click here to sign up.
Jeremy Kiolbassa & Hannah Thompson (Stapleton)