F&S Dashboard: St. Benedict Prep Faculty & Staff Weekly Newsletter
Early Childhood Notes
This Week's Schedule...
Click here for this week's schedule - Week of September 18th
In This Week's Notes For Your Reference....
- RW's weekly information
- Friday Mass schedule
- Club Dates and information
- Things to do when taking attendance
I hope that you all had a great weekend and had a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather! There are a lot of things going on this week - preschool picture days, which will take place in the Secondary school library and of course, the week ends with the Fun Run!! Remember, that when you are given the Orange Fun Run shirts, they are NOT to go home. In Kindergarten, students should be instructed to wear their PE uniform, and then sent to the restroom to change once they arrive at school on Friday. For Preschool, I would encourage you to ask the parents to change their child into their shirt when they arrive on Friday morning. Also, please make sure you all emphasize the importance of gym shoes. I have duct tape to pass out to you all, please be sure to place at least one piece of duct tape on every student's shirt (either across the back or on the sleeves, try your best not to cover up a sponsor). Then, also, please put some duct tape on your shirt and your assistant's shirt, as well.
Kindergarten teachers - please be sure to send Carol the names of your chaperones for your field trip ASAP.
Have a great week!
Please be sure to check not only the Breaking News on the dashboard daily, but you need to check both Early Childhood and the Inclusion and Instruction tab each week.
2016-2017 Early Childhood Observation Schedule - click here
Click here for the Early Childhood Friday Mass Schedule 2017 - updated 8/29/17
Click here for a complete list of all club dates for the 2017-18 School Year
Please pick up a purple club cost worksheet/proposal in RW's mailbox in the PS or the Club mailbox below RW's mailbox in the ES.
Fall Club Session:
ES begin on September 11 – November 3 (8 weeks)
PS begin on September 18 – November 3 (7 weeks)
Flyers will go home/in the Buzz for ES on Tuesday, Sept. 5 (I know this is not 'normal')
Flyers will go home/in the Buzz for PS on Thursday, Sept. 7
No Clubs on:
- Monday – 10/9
- Thursday – 10/5
- Friday – 9/29, 10/6, 11/3
Things to do when taking attendance: (K-5)
- - Take daily attendance by 8:30am each morning
- - Every student needs a mark (P, AU, TU) DNA is a mark used for preschool, please do not use that mark.
- - IF AU is marked, you MUST put a comment!
- - Put a comment even if it is the same comment from the day before (for a kid who is missing a few days in a row.)
- - If you don’t know the reason for the absence, you MUST still comment: "no note," or "not sure" or "I don’t know," and even ‘idk’ will be acceptable!
- - You can make changes up to 9:00am
- - If it is after 9:00am and you need to make a change, contact Carol