Susan (Kass) Perschke Chorus Award
*Open only to current students
ABOUT: This needs-based financial award is in memory of Mrs. Susan Perschke, Chorus member from 1962-1965. A $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a talented candidate with a principal, teacher, parish or community leader recommendation who meet the below criteria and exhibit outstanding qualities in the area of music, of character and responsibility. Students must also complete a personal essay on their current interest in chorus. Final candidates may need to interview with members of St. Benedict Preparatory High School Administration. The award recipient will need to participate in the music program at St. Benedict Preparatory High School for the school year the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a current practicing Catholic student at St. Benedict Prep High School.
- Applicant’s recommendation must demonstrate evidence of good character and responsibility.
- Applicant must personally compose an essay that explains his/her interest in chorus currently.
- Completed application form.
- Student composed interest in chorus essay as described above.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the student’s teacher, administrator, or parish/community leader.
- Be available for an interview if selected as one of the finalists.