Graphics and Design
Course Description: In this course, you will learn about the most important features of Adobe Illustrator CC. You will start by learning the interface, working with various tools and panels. Next, you will learn techniques for creating stunning text effects and incorporating gradients into your work. You will learn how to use the Pen tool to draw and compose a complex illustration. You will explore techniques for transforming and distorting objects, work with layers, patterns, brushes, effects, and transparency, and enjoy an in-depth exploration of the Recolor Artwork feature. You will make graphs, draw with symbols, create 3D objects, and have fun using the Width tool, the Bristle brush and the Perspective Grid. Finally, you will learn how to prepare a document for prepress and printing, as well as how to prepare graphics for the Web.
- Text: Chris Botello, Adobe Illustrator CC—Revealed, Cengage Learning, 2015
- Ebook pages: ISBN-13:9781305262614
- Data Files: Instructor will provide instructions for obtaining the Data Files.
- Software: Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, Internet Explorer 7 or 8, Adobe Illustrator CC, and Windows 8 will be used. Another operating system may be used, but students may notice some differences in the appearance of certain dialog boxes.
- Handouts: Additional handouts may be required. Instructor will provide information on obtaining this material.