Carol Molenda Creative Spirit Scholarship
*Open only to current students
ABOUT: A limited number of $500 scholarships are awarded annually to artistically talented candidates with a principal, teacher, parish or community leader recommendation who exhibit outstanding qualities of creativity, character and responsibility. Students must also complete a personal statement on their interest in art instruction as well as a self-reflection on a recent art piece completed. Final candidates may need to interview with members of St. Benedict Preparatory High School Administration. Award recipients need to successfully complete at least one art class at St. Benedict Preparatory High School for each year the scholarship is award.
- Applicant must be a current SBPHS student at St. Benedict Prep High school.
- Applicant’s recommendation must demonstrate evidence of creativity, character and responsibility.
Applicant must personally compose an essay that explains his/her interest in art, as well as submit a copy of a recent art piece complete. The student’s essay should provide an explanation and critical self-reflection of the art piece.
- Completed application form.
- Student composed “creative spirit” essay.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the student’s teacher, administrator, or parish/community leader.
- Be available for an interview if selected as one of the finalists.