Intro to Tap (Dance I)
Course Description: This course is taken for one trimester and can be taken more than once. Upon completion of the course, with a passing grade, students will earn ½ Fine Art or Physical Education credit.
Syllabus: Click here
- Know basic (tap) dance vocabulary.
- Understand how works of art are produced through creating and performing.
- Learn to recognize dancing as a form of exercise.
- Make connections between dance and a healthy lifestyle.
- Explore how our senses aid us in dancing.
- Investigate how current events can influence the art of Dance.
- Know, understand, and follow proper dance class etiquette.
- Learn about dance-related professions and about life beyond dance.
- Connect dance as a cultural, historical, and social form.
- Learn how to generate dance movements from personal inspiration.
- Learn how to respond to the works of others, as well as to improve personal performance.
- dance bag (to be kept in the studio)
- required contents of dance bag should include: water bottle, deodorant, hair ties, brush, bobby pins, hair spray, personal sanitary items, and dance attire
- tap shoes (should be purchased directly from instructor) - all opportunities will be made to issue your student used tap shoes rather than purchasing new
- plain black leggings, yoga pants, or spandex shorts with a plain white shirt (females)
- plain black jogging pants or shorts with a plain white shirt (males) OR the SBPS issued PE uniform (female and male)