Step-by-step Secondary School Admissions/Application Process
Contact: Janet Gallagher, Director of Enrollment & Marketing
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: (773) 509-3814
- fax: (773) 539-3397
Application for new, transfer and international* students to St. Benedict Preparatory School, Grades 6-8, 11-12:
*International students must also have a home-stay arranged during the application process as their host-family will be a part of the interview process.
1. Complete and submit the following forms:
- The Application:
- Click here for the On-line Application. If you prefer to manually turn it this application after filling it out, do not hit submit and just print it. If you do hit submit, you will receive confirmation messages and a member of the St. Benedict Prep Admissions Staff will be in contact within two business days.
- To download a form that you can fill out by hand and turn in physically you may click here.
- Have a current teacher and administrator complete these Recommendation Forms. Be sure they are someone who knows you as a student and person. They should seal them and send to the St. Benedict Prep Admissions Office or return to you for delivery.
- Complete this Release of Records form: Then immediately turn in to your current school's office. They will send a copy of your student records to SBPS. (Transfer and International students should be prepared to provide the last three years of report cards and standardized testing results at the time of application.)
2. Once this initial paperwork is complete, please contact Ms. Gallagher to schedule and complete an admissions interview for both student and parent/guardian if they haven't already occurred. These interviews are important because it allows the school to get to know the student and family...and allows the student and family an opportunity to have a discussion with teachers and administration from SBPS.
3. It is important to also schedule a Shadow Day and spend a day at St. Benedict Prep. This may also be scheduled through Ms. Gallagher. Access the permission slip by clicking here.
4. If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, please click here to download the necessary form. Please fill it out completely and provide all necessary documentation or it will not be reviewed.
5. Acceptance is determined.