Sister Natalie Gerlach S.S.S.F. Excellence in Mathematics Scholarship
*Open only to current students
ABOUT: This needs-based financial award is in memory of Sister Natalie Gerlach, professed religious of the School Sisters of St. Francis, who started our high school in 1950. Sr. Natalie taught Math here until 1965. A $500 scholarship is awarded annually to a talented candidate with a principal, teacher, parish or community leader recommendation who meet the below criteria and exhibit qualities of excellence in the area of mathematics, of character and responsibility. Students must also complete a personal essay on their current interest in math. Final candidates may need to interview with members of St. Benedict Preparatory High School Administration. The award recipient will need to be in an advanced math course at St. Benedict Preparatory High School for the school year the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be a current practicing Catholic student at St. Benedict Prep High School.
- Applicant’s recommendation must demonstrate evidence of good character and responsibility.
- Applicant must personally compose an essay that explains why mathematics is important to his/her future interests.
- Completed application form.
- Student composed interest in chorus essay as described above.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the student’s teacher, administrator, or parish/community leader.
- Be available for an interview if selected as one of the finalists.
Click HERE to look at last year's application.