F&S Dashboard: St. Benedict Prep Faculty & Staff Weekly Newsletter
Ms. Rachel Gemo's Notes
Head of Parish School (PK-12)
In This Week's Notes For Your Reference
- 2017-18 School Calendar
- Faculty Attendance at Non-Instructional Events - Please put these dates in your calendar
- Ren Web Refresher and Training Links
- Room Care, Set Up and Closing on a Daily Basis
- Teacher Handbook is updated - you can click on the link to the left
- Two Email To-Do's as you set up for the coming year
- Faculty Lounge Clean Up Schedule - Please review
A Little Rusty on RenWeb? They've Updated a lot over the Summer
Here are all the links you need to get you up and running again. We will also have a new teacher training on RenWeb on Wednesday after lunch. Returning teachers are also welcome to join if you feel you need a refresher.
School Campus Hours
These are the hours that your access card will work. If you will be on campus outside these hours, please let your HOS or Rachel Gemo know. Thanks!
Monday through Friday 6AM to 10PM
Saturday 8AM to 4PM
Sunday 8AM to 4PM
Cafeteria Hours (when school starts with students)
Wondering when you can use those Quest lunch cards? Here are the general secondary school cafeteria hours:
- Breakfast 7AM to 8AM
- Regular Day of Operation: 10:30 to 1:15PM
- Tuesdays: 10:30 to 12:45PM
Classroom set up, Cleaning and Closing Rooms at Night
- Please put in a Max Panda work order for your classroom needs (returning teachers please help new teachers for now). Please do not grab a maintenance staff member. They have things to accomplish and should not be pulled off task.
- Any furniture or items that you DO NOT WANT, please put in the hall and mark it "move to storage." If it is garbage or broken, please also label that as well. For those of you who need items for your room, please let your HOS know or roam the halls to see if teachers put any of their items out for the taking.
- Please do not DRAG furniture across the newly waxed floors. Pick it up and carry it. If you need help moving something, please put in a Max Panda.
- Please use painters tape or masking tape to hang things (or tacks when appropriate). Please do not use strong tape such as packing tape on the walls. It pulls the paint off. See Christa if you need masking tape.
- No one is going into the classes to turn off lights or close windows each night. You will need to do this in your classroom. Please.
Setting Up Your School Email - One "To Do" and One Suggestion
Email To Do - Please have your email "SIGNATURE" have the following information"
St. Benedict Preparatory School
3900 N. Leavitt Street
Chicago, IL 60618
773-463-6797 (phone number for your school division)
773-463-0782 (fax) - for your school division
Our Passion is the Best Possible You
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this e-mail. Thank you.
Suggestion - use this auto-responder to train your parents that you probably won't email them back within 5 minutes because you are actually teaching and not sitting behind a computer all day...it just says it nicely.
Teachers may use this as an automated response -
Greetings Parents and Friends,
In order to serve my students more effectively, I will only be checking my e-mail twice daily. If you require urgent assistance, please contact our school receptionist, Mrs. Carol Dodovich at (773) 463-6797(or your respective school secretary and phone number) , and she will be happy to deliver the message.
Thanks, (your name)