Friday, September 22, 2017
- First Day of Autumn
- Benny's Best Announced at 8AM - K-5 teachers please indicate your nominees by 7:55AM
- Staff Lounge Clean Up: PK-12 PE Team
- See HEAT ADVISORY PLAN below
- FUN RUN DAY!
8:45 AM Preschool
10 AM Grades 2 & 3
11:15 AM Grades 4 & 5
12:30 PM Grades K & 1
1:45 PM Middle School "Color" Run
- 8:30 AM High School College Fair
- 3:10 PM Art Club Grades 2-5
- 3:30 PM Middle School Baseball Club
Heat Alert Day & Fun Run
For Grades K-5 - please plan on going to an air-conditioned space to "chill out" for 20-30 minutes after their FUN RUN session so they have a complete cool down. If you do not have AC in your room, please seek to use a colleagues space while they are at the FUN RUN. Beaven Hall may also be available. If you are not sure where to go, please let RG know. The library may also be available.
For ES and K teachers without AC - Heidenreich Hall is available until 10:30 (two classrooms can fit here. The CHAPEL is available for religion class or silent reading...but I'd prefer no other activities happen there. I would also look to your colleagues with AC'd rooms to see if you can use their space for the 30-40 minutes to have a little bit of cool time while the kids are away at CHAMPS. If there is nothing else available, I can have a class squeeze into my office and I'll go elsewhere (just give me a buzz or a text). Please let Carol Dodovich know where you are if you leave.
RECESS - since we have the FUN RUN today, please have recess inside your room, or find a shady part of the sidewalk and have some "chill time outside."
Water - have more frequent water breaks
Look out for Opportunity to Be a Teacher Leader and Earn some $$
Next Friday for PD, we will be offering some mini-sessions on TECH or EC needs: Some topics include using the Interactive Projectors, Smart Note Software, Using the Google Counsel, RenWeb, Subscriptions like Flocabulary, Brain Pop, etc... I'll be asking teachers to step up to lead 50 minute sessions for next Friday. Single teachers will earn $100 and pairs will earn $50 each. Look out for more info in Sunday's Newsletter. Thanks! R
You Need to Get a Life! Here is one way to do it...and have some fun with colleagues...
RSVP by today for the the Kendra Scott Faculty Life Party Sept 28th . Enjoy champagne , small bites and 15% off your purchase
NO RED EMERGENCY FOLDER? Please let your HOS know by Friday. Thanks!
Opening to F&S Dashboard on Start Up for Google Chrome
NOTE: If using another browser other than Google Chrome, please go to settings in that browser, locate the homepage setting and copy and paste the URL below.
Please follow these simple instructions for setting your start up page in Google Chrome:
- 1. Open Google Mail
- 2. Click on the 3 horizontal line image in the upper right of your screen
- 3. Go to Settings
- 4. Go to "On Start Up"
- 5. Click on "Open a specific page or set of pages.
- 6. Click on "Set pages"
- 7. Click on "Add a New Page" and then copy and past this URL: http://sbps.stbenedict.com/fs-main-page
- 8. Make sure to click the X and delete any other pages that are listed as start up pages (even delete the google one)
- 9. Click OK
- 10. Close out of your browser and open
- Close out of your browser and re-open google/chrome. The very first page that opens should be the Dashboard.