We need to acknowledge success and share words of gratitude!
I don't know how to express my gratitude and thanks clearly...but the faculty and staff really were amazing during the FUN RUN and all the events leading up to it. The kids had a blast and the HSA raised well over $100,000. You will see this coming back your way in the classrooms. Thank you, thank you!
Thanks to Nurse Perez for keeping us safe during the Fun Run and the heat!
Thanks to the second grade team for handling Ms. Montgomery's class (and their parents) during her absence. Please continue to pray for Andrea and her brother and family.
Thanks for everyone sharing their AC'd spaces...just two more days of this if you can keep collaborating.
Tuesday's Professional Development Planning Time
Please work on Progress Reports. I suggest that you meet with your grade level team lead for instructions and clarification. They are due to me by Saturday morning, but I will take them sooner.
Heat Alert Day - Monday and Tuesday
For Grades 1-5 - Monday and Tuesday will still be quite warm, especially after this string of 90 degree days. So please plan to have your students take an AC break if they don't get into cooler spaces for CHAMPS.
For ES and K teachers without AC - Heidenreich Hall is available until 10:30 (two classrooms can fit here. The CHAPEL is available for religion class or silent reading...but I'd prefer no other activities happen there. I would also look to your colleagues with AC'd rooms to see if you can use their space for the 30-40 minutes to have a little bit of cool time while the kids are away at CHAMPS. If there is nothing else available, I can have a class squeeze into my office and I'll go elsewhere (just give me a buzz or a text). Please let Carol Dodovich know where you are if you leave.
RECESS - please watch your students at play when outside for recess - remind them to slow down when needed.
Water - have more frequent water breaks
Things to do when taking attendance: (K-5)
- Take daily attendance by 8:30am each morning
- Every student needs a mark (P, AU, TU) DNA is a mark used for preschool, please do not use that mark.
- IF AU is marked, you MUST put a comment!
- Put a comment even if it is the same comment from the day before (for a kid who is missing a few days in a row.)
- If you don’t know the reason for the absence, you MUST still comment: "no note," or "not sure" or "I don’t know," and even ‘idk’ will be acceptable!
- You can make changes up to 9:00am
- If it is after 9:00am and you need to make a change, contact Carol