The Buzz: St. Benedict Preparatory School Online Weekly Newsletter
News for Families in Grades 1-5
Upcoming Dates to Know
- Friday, February 16th - Parish Fish Fry in Beaven Hall & Stations of the Cross 7PM
- Saturday, February 17th - LAST DAY TO PURCHASE Gala 2018 Tickets before price increase
- Monday, February 19th- No School, President’s Day
- Wednesday, February 21st - JAVA with Gemo SPECIAL LICE PARENT EDUCATION SESSION with Nit Noggins - see details below
- Wednesday, February 28th - 9PM Parent Online Book Club session #2 (see more info below)
- March 3rd - Save the Date! Gala 2018!
Benny's Best for the Week of February 2nd - Congrats to Our Benny's Best!
Congratulations to the following Benny's Best! They are Respectful, Ready, Responsible and Safe!
Kindergarten - Hadley Birschbach, Gabriel Markul, Dario Mistec,
First Grade - Norah Knuckey, Berrit Shure, Annie Pyroulis, Zia Moore
Second Grade - Allie Whiteside, Hildy Betzen, Henry Matvias, Alexander Bityou
Third Grade - Nikola Grabavac, Tyler Graff, Elsie Polutnik, Kenneth Roberts
Fourth Grade - Bridget Fitzgerald, Aidan Tansor, Shane Gallagher, Eliana Faford
Fifth Grade - Connor Schupp, Claire Murphy, Gavin Glibowski
JAVA WITH GEMO LICE LESSONS - Wednesday, February 21st at 8:15AM in Secondary School Library
We are pleased to bring you a special "LICE LESSONS" Hosted by HSA Parent Education Committee. Please join us next Wednesday, February 21st for an information session on Lice Prevention, Detection and Treatment. Carrie Madej from Nit Free Noggins will demonstrate the proper way to check for lice, provide examples of what to look for, outline treatments to ensure a “nit-free” child & home and offer prevention tips. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
Know someone Receiving the Sacrament of First Communion? Shop at this Local Retailer and a portion of the proceeds comes back to St. Benedict!
Elementary Students Have a Little Fun on Mardis Gras Before Lent Begins
Students enjoyed some Kings Cake, decorated Mardis Gras masks and had a Mardi Gras parade dancing to "When the Saints Go Marching In" before Lent begins. Thanks to Roxy Cirincione for getting all the Kings Cakes for each homeroom Grades PK-12.
Our newest crew of 5th Grade Altar Servers received a special blessing from our pastor, Father Steve, at Monday morning at mass! Thank you to our 5th graders for serving our parish school in this faith-filled role!
ST BENEDICT CONTACT: FRANCESCA MADDEN,
312 933-1542, firstname.lastname@example.org
Practices start on March 5. Mondays and Wednesdays from 3 until 4:30
Program fee: $205 (includes entry to the 5k on May 19th)
Day Off of School? What to Do? Don't Worry - We host 3Point Athletic Day Off Sports Camps!
If you need options for what to do with your school-age children on the days off of school (for holidays, professional development, conferences, etc), don't worry. We are fortunate to be able to offer 3Point Athletic Camps for boys and girls grades 1-8. Registration information will be forthcoming. For now, please keep these dates in mind. Camps run from 9AM to 3PM. CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE
Monday, Feb 19th (President's Day)
Monday, April 9th (Professional Development Day)
Friday, May 11th (Professional Development Day)
Also look for Spring Break Camps as well! CLICK HERE FOR LATEST FLYER
How to Become and Approved Volunteer: Compliance Procedures for All Volunteers
The St. Benedict Prep community welcomes volunteers to help provide students with the best educational environment and opportunities possible. We depend on family support to carry out our mission to inspire and cultivate a balance of faith, academic excellence, and individual talents in a diverse setting.
ALL VOLUNTEERS need to complete the following training and forms before they can volunteer for the school or parish events that involve positions of trust or working with children:
1. Complete an online criminal background check. CLICK HERE to begin the process. A few notes about the registration page: The access code is "protection"; choose "Archdiocese of Chicago", not "Religious Community...Volunteer." Once the registration page is completed, a checklist of pages to complete will follow. All pages must be completed before you can submit the background screening.
2. Attend Virtus/Protecting God's Children for Adults. Go to www.virtus.org, and select Registration on the left panel. Note: all participants must pre-register online to attend. Upon completion you will be given a certificate which should be turned in to the school.
3. Read and sign the Code of Conduct form and turn in to the school. CLICK HERE for a copy of the Code of Conduct form.
4. Complete Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking Form (CANTS). Return completed form to the school. CLICK HERE for a copy of the CANTS form.
We do not want to disappoint any potential volunteers or turn any volunteers away. If you have any questions, please contact either Mrs. Christine Clardy at email@example.com or Ms. Rachel Gemo at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also check with Mrs. Dodovich (email@example.com) in the office to confirm that all your requirements are fulfilled to be a volunteer at SBPS, including being a chaperone on a field trip.