Prerequisites: Introduction to Art and Teacher Recommendation
Course Description: This course develops basic skills in the creation of 3D forms and pottery from clay. With an emphasis on studio production, this course is designed to develop higher-level thinking, art-related technology skill, art criticism, art history, and aesthetics. Students will create projects using various techniques in this media.
Syllabus: Click here
- For students to learn the technical skills to create successful works of art.
- For students to use their technical skills to communicate concepts, ideas and styles in their artwork.
- For students to “think outside of the box” and problem solve as well as express themselves creatively through visual communication.
- For students to recognize and appreciate the history of art.
- For students to become familiar with vocabulary, art terms, artists, works, periods and styles of art.
Materials will be provided during the class. These materials are ordered through the school. The fee for the class will be billed directly through the tuition.
Materials that are provided include clay, clay tools, glaze, and brushes.